Can’t Pay Your Back Taxes? Get Tax Help to Make the Irs an Offer They Can’t Refuse

Can’t Pay Your Back Taxes? Get Tax Help to Make the Irs an Offer They Can’t Refuse

The best negotiation advice ever: Every one walks away a little “hurt.” When fighting the IRS over your back taxes, you may feel manacled by the threat of tax liens, wage garnishments and jail time. But don’t worry, a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist knows all sorts of expert strategies to give you the tax help you need to walk away from the IRS with your money and your freedom intact. The trick is partnering with a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist or a tax attorney to increase your chances of qualifying for an IRS payment plan helping you settle your back tax debt for the lowest possible amount, and removing bank levies, tax liens or wage garnishments.

The best tax help a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist or tax attorney can offer is to broker an Offer in Compromise (OIC) settlement. While the IRS web site seems to make it easy to settle your back taxes by simply filling out an Offer in Compromise form, Uncle Sam’s tax help brings serious dangers. Make one mistake and not only will you pay more than you have to, but your very freedom could be at stake. Instead of thinking of it as IRS help, you should look at the Offer In Compromise form as a plea agreement in a criminal trial. You are admitting your full back taxes liability in the hopes of a reduced sentence. Is it smart to try to broker a criminal plea agreement without the tax help of a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist or tax attorney? No way! Unless you’re a Certified Tax Resolution Specialists or a tax attorney, leave tax settlements and Offers in Compromise negotiations to the experts.

New Offer In Compromise changes you need to know: The offer in compromise (OIC) application is a challenging and burdensome process. The privilege of being approved for an OIC closely resembles receiving The $10,000 Formula to Settle your Back Taxes There is a simple guiding tax help formula about back taxes: If you owe less than $10,000, and you haven’t been in trouble before – you can call the IRS and they will hook you up with a payment plan to be paid in 36 monthly Much Does the IRS Think You Are Worth? An offer in compromise is an agreement between a taxpayer and the Internal Revenue Service that resolves the taxpayer’s back tax liability, usually for a fraction of what’s owed. The taxpayer must file and pay his taxes on time for the next five years after of like Tax Probation. The IRS settles for a lesser amount if there is doubt about the collectability of the amount over the remaining Collection Statute of Limitations vs. what they think they can collect now. If the IRS determines that receiving a lump sum now (albeit just a fraction of the amount owed) would be more than it would cost the agency, in overhead costs, over the remaining life of the collection statute, they will accept your minimum offer amount must generally be equal to (or greater than) the taxpayer’s reasonable collection potential (RCP). The RCP is defined as the total of the taxpayer’s realizable value in real and personal assets, plus his/her future income. A Certified Tax Resolution Specialist or tax attorney can find ways to show the IRS that you’re not Daddy Warbucks while providing tax help such as removing wage garnishments and reducing your back tax debt.

To Qualify for an IRS Payment Plan or Tax Settlement Before your tax attorney or Certified Tax Resolution Specialist can make an Offer In Compromise or negotiate a payment plan with the IRS to settle your back taxes, you need to come clean and file all delinquent tax returns with the IRS.

DO NOT SUBMIT AN OIC TO DELAY OR HINDER COLLECTIONS If the IRS believes you are just using the Offer in Compromise to delay paying your debt or thinks you aren’t acting in good faith; they can revoke (return) OIC privileges to settle your back taxes debt. If you get on the wrong side of the IRS, the individual IRS agent has a lot of latitude to decide what they will allow you to do. An experienced Certified Tax Resolution Specialist or tax attorney will have threaded that needle hundreds of times before, giving clients back tax help without angering the IRS.

Why Some Offers in Compromise are More Likely to Get Accepted Than Others Please note that in 2007, nationally, 46,000 Offers were submitted with only 12,000 or about 26% were accepted. The acceptance rate of a good tax attorney or Certified Tax Resolution Specialist, on the other hand, may be as much as five times (approximately 90%) the national average. Why? Because experienced Certified Tax Resolution Specialists or tax attorneys won’t allow clients to submit frivolous OICs. Sometimes the best tax help a tax attorney or Certified Tax Resolution Specialist can give is to say “no” to a client that is about to foolishly blow their hard earned money to settle their IRS back taxes. You must financially qualify and eligible for this program.

Last resort: Learn How to File For Bankruptcy Correctly to Help Solve Tax Problems and Reduce IRS Debt If the IRS rejects your Offer In Compromise or denies you the privilege of making one, you still have the right to declare bankruptcy, but even that is tricky without the help of a tax attorney or Certified Tax Resolution Specialist. To get the maximum tax help from this drastic step, you have to declare bankruptcy at the correct time to eliminate your back taxes. TIMING IS EVERYHTING HERE! But what most clients (who try this without the tax help of a tax attorney or Certified Tax Resolutions Specialist) don’t know is that to completely discharge your back taxes debt you have to file on the correct date.

There are 3 general rules to be met to file for bankruptcy and discharge income taxes:

1) The income tax (payroll tax cannot be “bankrupted”) returns must be 3 years old or older than the due date, including filed extensions;

2) The returns have to be filed with the IRS 24 months prior to the petition, therefore Substitutes for Returns (SFRs) do not count (an SFR must be replaced with an “original” filed return and then wait 24 months). It has to be an originally filed return. And it must have been filed at least two years prior to bankruptcy.

3) 240 days have to pass from the date of assessment. Date of assessment is usually the date of filing, but if the IRS does an audit and they assess additional tax, that establishes a new assessment date for that year. So it is possible for a taxpayer to have two or more assessment dates for one year. If it’s used correctly, income taxes can definitely be discharged. You need a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist, or tax attorney, to properly analyze and interpret your IRS tax transcripts and Records of Account to determine when and if you are eligible.

So remember, even if you have crushing IRS debt from back taxes with no hope of ever paying it back, there are lots of possibilities. A Certified Tax Resolution Specialist or tax attorney has a full arsenal of tax help to settle your back tax debt with the IRS on a reasonable payment plan or an offer in compromise that pays pennies on the dollar of back taxes owed. With an experienced Certified Tax Resolution Specialist or tax attorney at your back, you can strut away from the IRS negotiating table with more money in your pocket and no danger of going to the big house.