Save Your Marriage From Divorce Even When Everything Including Counseling Has Failed!
If you are looking for a way to save your marriage from divorce, then you may feel like you are at the end of the line. When everything, including counseling has failed, it can seem as though there isn’t any hope! Having been in a very similar situation myself, I’d like to share with you what I learned and how I ultimately saved my own marriage. You can too!
I’m not a marriage counselor or therapist. I was facing a very troubled marriage a few years ago and both my wife and I were working to make it work. We attended marriage counseling as well as individual counseling. For awhile things would get better, but we always ended up back where we had been before, with no real progress.
The unhappiness grew progressively worse. My wife seemed especially upset with me all the time. I was just hanging in there because I don’t believe in divorce and believed things would get better over time. That’s probably why I was so shocked when she told me one day that the marriage was over!
I tried everything I could think of to get my wife to change her mind and give our marriage one more chance. Unfortunately my best efforts seemed to make things worse. My actions were having the complete opposite effect of what I intended and actually were driving my wife further away! I just didn’t know what to do at this point.
After my marriage nearly ended I made a very important discovery which would save our marriage and change our lives:
1. Change your emotional state (anger, hurt, fear, jealousy, bitterness etc) and replace it with a calmer and more resourceful state. There is a specific way to do this!
2. Avoid the common mistakes that will doom your chances to save your marriage.
3. Stop blaming your spouse or yourself for the situation. It makes no difference at this point who did what to whom and is counter-productive for saving the marriage
4. Commit yourself 100% to saving your marriage, especially if your partner doesn’t seem committed.
5. Be willing to take very specific action NOW, even if it seems like the OPPOSITE of what you should be doing!